In accordance with its duty under section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and in fulfilling its obligations to employees, visitors, neighbours, contractors and the general public who may be affected by its activities, the Directors of Thomas Crapper and Company Limited have produced the following Statement of Policy in respect of health, safety, welfare and environmental concerns;
It is the aim of the Directors, so far as reasonably practical to ensure that:-
1. The working environment of all employees is safe and without risks to health and that adequate provision is made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for first aid and welfare at work.
2. The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work are safe and without risks to health.
3. Those persons that are not in our employ, who may be affected by our activities are not exposed to risk to their health and safety.
4. Information, instruction, training and supervision are provided as necessary to secure the health and safety at work of all employees.
5. Arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances for use at work are safe and without risk to health.
6. Adequate information is available with respect to articles and substances used at work; dealing with the conditions and precautions necessary to ensure that when properly used they present no risks to health or safety.
7. There is suitable provision for the safe access and egress to and from all working areas.
The Directors have a responsibility for the implementation of this Health and Safety Policy And Procedures Staff are reminded of the legal requirement to comply with Policies and Procedures. In particular they are required:
1. To take reasonable care of their own Health and Safety at work and those who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
2. To co-operate with their employer to ensure that they comply with any duty or requirement for health and safety imposed upon their employer by law and contained in this statement and the Arrangement’s manual.
3. Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
Paul Dwyer – Managing Director